Thursday 21 July 2011

Simple Chicken Fry

This was my favourite sunday dish. Sunday used to be the "non-veg" day in our house. There were 2 types of chicken made. One was Chicken Pulusu (gravy dish) and one was Chicken Fry.

I never liked pulusu back then. I am not sure why. So Fry had to be there for me. My brother and father liked pulusu, so it was pulusu for them. Not that they did not eat my fry. :(.


When I go back home, this is still made for me. :). I love it. I was really missing it when I came to UK. So I called my Pinni (mom's sister) and took the recipe. Its the first non-veg dish I prepared. I am not totally sure why it took me so long to blog it though. Just lazy I suppose... Or maybe i never had the patience to click photos... Had to eat it right away.

So this time, I clicked right in the dish I made it in - as soon as I turned off the heat. Can you see the smoke rising up???


Ingredients
For marination:
1/2 KG Chicken - boneless, cut in small cubes
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tbsp Curd
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder

For cooking:
3 Medium sized Onions
5 Dry Red chillies
1 inch Cinnamon
2 Cloves
1 tsp Ginger Paste
1 tsp Garlic Paste
1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder.
2 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
Handful of Chopped Coriander leaves for garnish

Method
  1. Marinate chicken with the ingredients for atleast 1/2 hour (preferably over night)
  2. Make a coarse paste of Onions and Red Chillies.
  3. In a pan, heat some Oil and add the Cinnamon and Cloves and fry for 2 minutes.
  4. Now add the Onion-Chilli paste and fry till it browns.
  5. Now add the marinated chicken.
  6. Mix well. Do not add water as the chicken will leave enough water.
  7. Cover and cook till chicken is almost done.
  8. Open and cook till you get the consistency.
  9. Add the Garam Masala Powder, mix well and turn off the heat.
  10. Add the Coriander Leaves and mix well.
  11. Serve as a side dish with some dal / rasam.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments. They mean a lot to me and will help me improve my blog.