Sunday 30 January 2011

Curry Leaf Chicken for T & T

My blog is looking more like a blog that only participates in events. :). But the thing is, I am finding so many new recipes online (thanks to the events) that I feel I should blog and participate in the events.

This month's T & T is hosted by Denny of Oh Taste n See. T & T was orignally started by Zlamushka. This is now carried on by Lakshmi of Kitchen Chronicles. Denny chose Umm Mymoonah's Taste of Pearl City as this month's blog.

After scanning her blog, I settled for the Curry Leaf Chicken. When I started making it, I thought it was too simple. But the end product was mind-blowing (I am not exagerating). It was very fragrant and flavourful.


I tweaked it a little (a little extra spice), so I am re-writing the recipe for my reference.

Ingredients:
2 Chicken Breasts - cut into bite size pieces
2 tbsp Grated Coconut - I used frozen that I defrosted
20 big Curry Leaves (I used 30 to 35 small ones)
1 tbsp Curd
1 tsp Fennel seeds
1 tsp Ginger Paste
1 tsp Garlic Paste
5 Green Chillies
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1/2 inch Cinnamon Stick
3 Cloves
2 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste

Method
  1. Marinate the chicken in Curd, Fennel Seeds, Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste, Turmeric Powder and Chilli Powder.
  2. Make a coarse paste of Coconut, Curry Leaves and Chillies.
  3. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add the Cloves and Cinnamon Stick and fry for a minute.
  4. Now add the ground paste and fry for a min
  5. Add the chicken and cook till the chicken is done and oil separates.
  6. Serve hot with rice.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for trying my recipe and I'm glad that you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mymoonah: It was very tasty. Thanks for posting the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments. They mean a lot to me and will help me improve my blog.